|This too shall pass, friends…
Let’s just state the obvious: in the last few days it got real, real fast. While no one knows for certain how long this strange time will last, we can all agree that at this point it will be longer than any of us are comfortable with. While clinical operations have changed, brands MUST shine BRIGHT with patients and consumers. Marketing done right will help get us through this. We’ve got this!
How you behave now says more about your brand than anything listed on your website. Time to dust off that mission statement and make sure you are living up to it! Now more so than ever before, it is vital that we are supporting each other and the communities that we serve. This is where your long-term strategy comes into play. You may need to sacrifice instant gratification for long-term success.
Here are a few ideas to help with your long-term game. As stated before, this too shall pass, and when it does, you will be ready to come back stronger than ever!
- Advertise on Local Mom Blogs – Kids are home and creating chaos, and that means stressed moms are looking for their tribe and someone who feels their pain. Mom bloggers have a way of speaking the truth and becoming a source of camaraderie and comic relief, especially in uncertain times like this. Your audience will be flocking to these blogs for activity ideas and inspiration, make sure your brand is visible with a special offer that can be utilized after “social distancing” ends.
- Donate to Free Meal Programs – We saw you on Facebook buying up all those Girl Scout cookies and promising they would be donated to a good cause. Well, here is your good cause! Some designated schools are offering free meal pickup programs through this extended break for students. Donate your cookie loot to help kids in need and give them a treat to look forward to.
- Ramp Up Your Online Content – In this period of social distancing, people are turning to online channels to feel connected. Increase your frequency of posting, as consumers will have more time to spend online.
- Start or Dust Off that YouTube Channel – You remember that channel you created and said “One Day..?” Well, that day is now! YouTube is owned by Google, so enough said.
- Completely Revamp Your Approach To Instagram – Think about your Instagram grid as a visual representation of your brand. Do you like what you see? Use this time to completely revamp your Instafeed. Set Instagram standards that are aligned with your brand. What will be your feed pattern and filter of choice? Image matters!
As always, we are here to help you implement any of these initiatives. We’ve got your back, and #wewillallgetthroughthis!